BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Egg Allergy



So we recently learned that Lucas has an allergy to soy, wheat, eggs, milk, nuts, corn and sesame seeds!  We were a little astonished considering he ate eggs almost everyday!!  ANyway, the Dr. Suggested that we cut eggs and nuts completely out of his diet! (Nuts we had already been avoiding and fortunately he said they tested fairly low, but that nuts had a nasty habit of switching without warning so we need to avoid them for a few more years)  With eggs, however, he tested moderately allergic.  Well, that means anything with eggs or egg proteins in it has to be avoided, and very strictly while we are testing for the next few months.  So we decided that we would experiment with baking without eggs.  Lucas loves to bake!  We have made some delicious rolls, cookies, pancakes and waffles without eggs!  Although not all of them were delicious the first time we made them, we are just figuring out what needs what to taste good, so any suggestions anyone may have are very welcome!  Here he is being baker!

7 comments:

Davianne said...

Wow! That's hard. I don't have any good idea since the only allergies in my family are shell fish and non-food things, and those are all pretty easy to avoid. You could google for recipes without those things.

Crazy Lifferths said...

That is a big bummer! I am sorry, as if all his other allergies weren't enough to try to deal with.

Jessica said...

Wow--that is crazy. I don't have any recipes either--but I'll send any I find your way.

amy and josh said...

Poor Lucas! Hopefully their are lots of great recipes without eggs and nuts! Can't wait to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Yuck. I am so sorry. I have a eggless cookie recipe if you want it.

Kimpossible said...

Cutest picture! I love it. Your boys are adorable!

bladesfam said...

Good news on the allergy front, It looks like the only foods we need to avoid are nuts and eggs. Not so bad! We'll steer clear of cats and dogs though for sure and kind of monitor corn, milk and some trees. But those are totally do-able. Lucas is doing great and feeling much better now!